Use the Coastal Discovery Trail to discover and help protect the best beaches, wildlife viewing, and hikes for solo, family and pet-friendly experiences along the Highway 1 Discovery Route.
Your Weekend Itinerary:
- Explore Avila Beach
- Walk or Bike Ride on the Bob Jones Trail
- Pick up your FREE clean up kit and complimentary tote bag and have lunch at the Avila Beach Golf Resort. Note: Clean–up kits can be picked up in Mulligans Restaurant at the Avila Beach Golf Resort. No reservation needed.
- After lunch head over to Avila Beach to help celebrate our beaches and participate in the annual California Beach Clean–up along–side other people that care. Spend as little as 10 minutes or more to pick up debris and plastics from the beach and it’s great activity for children! Micro plastics are harmful to wildlife! Look closely!
Next, it’s time to toast to the good that you participated in this weekend! Explore Edna Valley and stop at some of our favorite wineries – cheers to you for being a part of something bigger!
- Wine taste at Biddle Ranch Winery (reservations required)
- Wine taste at Saucelito Canyon Tasting Room (reservations required)
- Enjoy dinner at Blue Moon Over Avila – a business that cares (reservations not required but strongly encouraged)
- Breakfast at Fat Cats Cafe (no reservations needed)
- Kayak or SUP paddle to the Historic Port San Luis Lighthouse (reservations required)
- Walk down the Harford Pier to view sea otters, sea lions & read a bit about history
- Grab some fish tacos from Mersea’s before you leave town (no reservations needed)